Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla1.2 on cygwin

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla1.2 on cygwin
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 16:41:27 -0800 (PST)

    > From: Dustin Sallings <address@hidden>

    > > You're aware that you can format a case-insensitive HFS+ filesystem,
    > > right?

    >   I've heard about it, but I don't know the option.  I'd run a UFS
    > partition before but found that some apps didn't work when invoked from
    > within it (Mozilla was one, I believe).  Apparently a few apps like to
    > place files with one name, and then reference them with another.

    >   That was a long time ago, though...things might be better now.

It's very useful to know that some apps were broken a long time ago.

The next thing it would be nice to know is how that compares with the
situation today.   If the trend is for apps to be fixed in that
regard, that suggests that what would be expected is in fact the case:
that over time, people will be migrating to case sensative
configurations.