[Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla1.2 on cygwin

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla1.2 on cygwin
Date: 12 Mar 2004 10:21:48 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
> >     thing make  more sense (I still don't understand why you wouldn't
> >     want the highest  level to be the archive name like it is everywhere
>
> It seems that he expects category--branch--version names to be mostly
> unique whereas the archive might change due to cycling.
> Of course, given the fact that archive cycling is an abomination in my book

It's not just because of archive cycling.  In my experience it's pretty
common to have the same category--branch--version shared among different
archives.  Some common examples include multiple people cooperating on
development, and single people using multiple archives to do work at
multiple locations (e.g. for working sometimes on a laptop, or in my case,
at home).

Arch's mechanisms seem to encourage this practice (and certainly no
complaint from me -- it works well).

-Miles
--
Yo mama's so fat when she gets on an elevator it HAS to go down.