[Adonthell-devel] wastesedge.pot

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] wastesedge.pot
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 09:39:28 +0200

Well, I have created the catalogue template with all of waste's edge's
strings that are in need of translation. Unless I forgot something,
there are 1125 of them. Find it attached to this mail.

More interesting than the actual file is the question how to create it.
For now I have written a very simple makefille that is good for
wastesedge, but not very portable. I will try to adapt the
Makefile.in.in generated by gettextize to work with pygettext.py instead
of xgettext. That part is mainly interesting for developpers who want to
create the .pot file but we could easily include the pygettext script.

The really interesting part is the rest of the Makefile.in.in for
installing and/or packaging the actual translations.

When I have it working, this will be a great help for any further
demos/games, as the Makefile.in.in is reuseable then.

I also wanted to write a short doc concerning the translation.
Especially with the dialogues there are a few issues translators should
know. The main documentation remains the gettext manual though.