Re: [Adonthell-devel] i18n improvements

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] i18n improvements
Date: 13 Apr 2002 14:11:22 +0200

> I also changed the directory that'll contains the message catalogue to
> <gamedir>/po/<country code>/LC_MESSAGES/ as Alex suggested. So put your
> translations in there to work.

I've copied my wastesedge.mo file into
<adonthell-dir>/games/wastesedge/po/fr/LC_MESSAGES/wastesedge.mo, but it
doesn't work - sadly remains in English. Maybe the dialog file needs to
be recompiled, as it didn't use our gettext interface?

Something else - that's detail though - is that maybe locale would be
better than po for the locales directory name, as po designates the
files that are to be translated.

> Now I'll go through all the python scripts, mark the strings for
> translation and add adonthell.nls_gettext calls where neccessary. Then
> I'll create the catalogue template for wastesedge and finally recompile
> all dialogues. I hope the wastesedge module will be soon available at
> Savannah. In case it isn't, I'll commit stuff to the private CVS so you
> can test it as soon as it is finished.

Cool! :) I'll try to find someone for the French translation, as it
would keep me away from programming, but otherwise I'll gladly do it
myself - will be more relaxing anyway :)

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org