Re: Errors after Swarm install on LinuxPPC

From: Ralf Stephan
Subject: Re: Errors after Swarm install on LinuxPPC
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 14:13:51 +0100

> Ralf mentioned that I need to use an include command in configuring.
> I am not sure what that syntax (or even better, the exact phrasing)
> would be.

I just looked and it should be possible with Swarm to force
inclusion with
$ export CFLAGS=-I./your/include ; ./configure
Or put a ready-made CFLAGS into your ~/.bashrc, like
export CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -I/your/path"

No spaces around '=' and double quotes,

but if the files are in /usr/include a correctly installed gcc
should pick em up, I think.

> So, what is correct commands that I should have been using to install
> glibc-devel (did I not install it in the right place?)

If the files are in /usr/include and readable that should be okay.

> and/or how do
> I tell swarm where the stddef.h and other files are?

Ah stddef.h!  Now this really points to a problem with your gcc
installation.  On SuSE Linux, it's in gcc:

/usr/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-suse-linux/2.95.3/include/stddef.h

HTH,
ralf