Re: EZGraph Query

From: Andre Costa
Subject: Re: EZGraph Query
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 12:13:33 +1030 (CST)

Hi there,

just as an aside to the EZGraph discussion; i've found a quick-fix
alternative which has solved my immediate problem. Naturally this doesn't
change the need for the aforementioned "patch", but I thought I'd describe
this "workaround" which is very quick and simple and not restricitive in
terms of number and type of arguments passed:

I wrote an "Interfacer" class to be used in the BatchSwarm, which takes
all the required variables
(in my case, there's 3 of them) and has a method to get the
variable-dependent data of interest from the ModelSwarm.

The BatchSwarm then does the following:

  Interfacer interfacer = new Interfacer(var1, var2, var3);

  anEZGraph.createSequence$withFeedFrom$andSelector(name,
  interfacer, new Selector (Class.forName ("Interfacer"),
  "dataAccessMethod", false));

where dataAccessMethod is a method of Interfacer which takes no arguments,
but whose function is to return the data of interest by calling the
ModelSwarm with the appropriate arguments (which are member variables of
interfacer once initialized in the constructor).

By looping over values of var1, var2, var3, the BatchSwarm "automates" the
creation of many data sequences indexed by the triple (var1, var2, var3)
which depend on the particlar network topology I am looking at in the
network-based simulations I am running.

Cheers,
Andre.

Andre Costa
Research Student

Teletraffic Research Centre           Telephone: (08) 8303 3237
Department of Applied Mathematics     Fax:       (08) 8303 4395
University of Adelaide                Email:address@hidden
South Australia  5005