Re: Errors after Swarm install on LinuxPPC

From: Paul E Johnson
Subject: Re: Errors after Swarm install on LinuxPPC
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 15:55:34 -0600

Darren Schreiber wrote:

>         2.3 Big Ugly GCC/Egcs warnings when compiling Swarm applications
>
>         ANSWER. These are annoying but harmless errors that are
> caused by a little glitch in the
I've been ignoring this thread, but now you bring the FAQ into it, so
I'll say this:
Those are warnings only, and swarm programs run fine even if you see
them.  You are getting a seg fault due to some other problem, which I
can't diagnose because I don't do ppc and don't see a backtrace from gdb
here.  In order to persuade me that there is a swarm problem, you need
to tell me what happens if you run swarmapps like heatbugs.  If they
run, then we suspect your app of wrongdoing.  If I missed that in this
thread, I sincerely apologize.