[Simulavr-devel] simulavrxx features / another simulator

From: James Kehl
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] simulavrxx features / another simulator
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 04:42:11 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,
As part of a university project I developed an AVR simulator with hardware
(UART etc) support. Unfortunately I now discover simulavrxx also has
introduced hardware support, which is a small obstacle to gathering a
userbase :)

Can anyone tell me exactly what simulavrxx does/supports?
- How fast is it?
- Does it run on Windows? What other platforms?
- How does its hardware support work - must all devices hang off a central
  CPU or does it support complex nestings & multiple CPUs?
- Why on earth isn't it in WinAVR yet? :)

As for my simulator: If there is anyone interested, you can look at the
(somewhat droolproofed) Windows binaries (or screenshots thereof) off a
course which uses it:
http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~comp1300/project/
(look under Simulator or Simulator Documentation)

Naturally there is also source for those of us who dislike Windows and
binaries. (i.e. Linux works.) I'm happy to GPL it if anyone wants that
(and my supervisor doesn't flag any IP issues):
http://shykta.dione.cc/ess-src-3_1.zip

James