nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] [nano] improving accessibility

From: Enrico Mioso
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] [nano] improving accessibility
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 00:11:18 +0200 (CEST)

first of all, hello and thank you again.
I know - I am saying it often, but ... it's true.
You're very kind: and I value this very much.

So: when I use ctrl+left and ctrl+right, I can effectively jump on words.
I actually don't have rebinds in my .nanorc:

address@hidden ~]$ cat .nanorc | grep -i bind
unset rebinddelete
unset rebindkeypad
address@hidden ~]$

Running ./src/nano --ignore testfile I can notice immediately (as expected) my
.nanorc not taking effect :) and... in testfile I have the following:

The ^M results from the Enter keypress...I followed your instructions
"verbatim" :) .

Some hints:
I am running v2.7.0-17-gadd0d69, ncurses version ncurses-6.0 (package revision:
4).

And - sorry, I forgot to answer your question. I usually use UTF-8, but nano is
not localized in Italian here. I prefer english as a system language.

LANG=en_IE.utf-8
LC_CTYPE="en_IE.utf-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_IE.utf-8"
LC_TIME="en_IE.utf-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_IE.utf-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_IE.utf-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_IE.utf-8"
LC_PAPER="en_IE.utf-8"
LC_NAME="en_IE.utf-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_IE.utf-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_IE.utf-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_IE.utf-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_IE.utf-8"
LC_ALL=

Thank you very much for all your help,
Enrico

P.S.: if you need a shell for testing, let me know.

P.P.S: I looked at the "git log" output for the latest commits; great work,
thanks.