nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] [nano] improving accessibility

From: Enrico Mioso
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] [nano] improving accessibility
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2016 15:15:52 +0200 (CEST)

First of all, hello and thank you very very much for your work, and ... I enjoy
talking. :)
Thanks again, for anything.

I apreciated the hint about configuring: and I am grateful for them.

Regarding 32-bit systems: I think you're right, unfortunately. I currently run
4.4.20 kernel: when I have the time and patience to do so, I compile my own
kernels, even because it's difficult toget a distribution shipped UP kernel
(uni-processor). So compiling a kernel by myself allows me to remove things I
don't like / I believe I'll not use. But this process can be sometimes
error-prone, so I try to be careful.
Yeah, the shift+arrow thing is very nice, and it works for me. I didn't try to
ctrl+shift+arrow thing, because as I understood reading around, it select
bigger areas of text, right? So I didn't try them, at least for now. but I
think they can become useful, with no doubt.
regarding screen freezing: no, I never used this functionality in nano: nano is
very very good, and I didn't need to freeze the screen to search for something
that disappears sooner or later. Regarding installing software - I edited my
.bashrc to have some executables in my home when it is needed; I used this to
make accessible some scripts I used to access my iPhone sms messages, when it
was jailbroken and that was possible via http(s) via curl. :) I dislike
proprietary software, but unfortunately iOS seemed more confortable to me. But
things are changing maybe, and Android is picking up? And Android of course
gives you the freedom to use various software accomplishing the remote-control
thing I would like.

Regarding the 2illegal" instruction thing: I don't remember which kernel
version saw an extensive rewrite/modification of the FPU code... ? In case this
might be a problem related to that? This is only an hypotesis, only that.
thank you very very much for your suggestions and anything, again; the
/usr/local idea is cool.
And yes, when my iPhone was jailbroken I installed nano on that too :) .
Enrico