nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] [nano] improving accessibility

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] [nano] improving accessibility
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 11:07:28 +0200

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016, at 00:11, Enrico Mioso wrote:
> So: when I use ctrl+left and ctrl+right, I can effectively jump on words.

Okay, so that works.

> Running ./src/nano --ignore testfile I can notice immediately (as expected)
> my .nanorc not taking effect :) and... in testfile I have the following:

Hm.  Only two lines.  So the Ctrl+Shift combinations don't produce
anything at all?  To confirm, please run:

  dumpkeys | grep -e 105 -e 106

This is what it says here:

keycode 105 = Left             Left             Left
        control keycode 105 = Left
        shift   control keycode 105 = Left
        altgr   control keycode 105 = Left
        alt     keycode 105 = Decr_Console
        shift   alt     keycode 105 = Left
        control alt     keycode 105 = Left
keycode 106 = Right            Right            Right
        control keycode 106 = Right
        shift   control keycode 106 = Right
        altgr   control keycode 106 = Right
        alt     keycode 106 = Incr_Console
        shift   alt     keycode 106 = Right
        control alt     keycode 106 = Right

> The ^M results from the Enter keypress...I followed your instructions
> "verbatim" :) .

Ehm... I don't see ^Ms.  Better attach the testfile, so that your
mailer doesn't interfere.

> And - sorry, I forgot to answer your question. I usually use UTF-8, but nano
> is
> not localized in Italian here. I prefer english as a system language.
>
> LANG=en_IE.utf-8

Ireland?  (Or isn't it that what IE stands for?)
Is it too dry for you in Italy?  Do you yearn for
the everlasting rains of the isle of Eire?  :)

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Does exactly what it says on the tin