Re: [Gomp-discuss] Organization of libgomp source code

From: Biagio Lucini
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] Organization of libgomp source code
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 11:14:42 +0000 (GMT)

On 18 Feb 2003, Steven Bosscher wrote:

> It doesn't work right now because you need to set library properties
> that we had not defined yet (e.g. these is no omp_num_threads variable
> yet).  Also the schedule environment variable isn't implemented yet.
> Also, reading the environment should somehow just be part of the library
> initialization.
>
> So, it was just an example of how it *could* be done.  It's quite easy
> to actually make it work, though.

Thanks, Steven. As soon as I have some time (!!!) I'll try and modify it.
I think the strategy should be
a) define the OpenMP environment (you did it)
b) set our default (or is there any OpenMP spec for that?)
c) read the enviro & overwrite the default
d) pass the enviro structure to all OpenMP functions as required (then I
guess it must be declared as extern?)
e) overwrite it locally when a library function does it.

Biagio