[Gomp-discuss] libgomp cvs ...

From: Lars Segerlund
Subject: [Gomp-discuss] libgomp cvs ...
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 15:49:51 +0100

Japp, put it on savannah, btw. I prefer an organisation where we keep fx. libgomp.h in the toplevel directory, ( or an include directory ), and the files that make up the lib in a lib directory, also I don't mind skipping the prefix,( set_num_threads.c in the example ).

Check out from savannah and update. ( you have to register a key in your profile ).

 / Lars

Scott Robert Ladd wrote:
I'm wondering about the best ways to organize the .c files for libgomp.

It seems to me that we should have a separate .c file for each function.
Naming these individual files, however, could be problematic, given the long
names of the OpenMP functions. For example, for the omp_set_num_threads
function, we could have the following names:

libgomp_set_num_threads.c
omp_set_num_threads.c <<-- my preference
set_num_threads.c

Some sort of prefix (libgomp_ or omp_) makes sense, even though we keep the
code in its own directory.

And, of course, we can use dashes instead of underscores (although the
udnerscores reflect the actual function names).

I couldn't find a filename length restriction in the GNU standards.

Attached is a libgomp.h that reflects the comments from this group. Are the
issues with the cvs worked out yet?

..Scott

/* Function declarations for libgomp (GNU OpenMP).

Note - certain prototypes declared in this header file are for
   functions whoes implementation copyright does not belong to the
   FSF.  Those prototypes are present in this file for reference
   purposes only and their presence in this file should not construed
   as an indication of ownership by the FSF of the implementation of
   those functions in any way or form whatsoever.

   the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option)
   any later version.

   Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330,
   Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA.
*/

#ifndef LIBGOMP_H
#define LIBGOMP_H

#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C" {
#endif

#ifndef OMP_NEST_LOCK_T
typedef struct
{
    int owner;
    int count;
} omp_nest_lock_t;
#endif

extern void omp_set_num_threads(int num_threads)
extern int omp_get_num_threads(void)
extern int omp_get_max_threads(void)
extern int omp_get_thread_num(void)
extern int omp_get_num_procs(void)
extern void omp_set_dynamic(int dynamic_threads)
extern int omp_get_dynamic(void)
extern int omp_in_parallel(void)
extern void omp_set_nested(int nested)
extern int omp_get_nested(void)
extern void omp_init_lock(omp_lock_t *lock)
extern void omp_destroy_lock(omp_lock_t *lock)
extern void omp_set_lock(omp_lock_t *lock)
extern void omp_unset_lock(omp_lock_t *lock)
extern int omp_test_lock(omp_lock_t *lock)
extern void omp_init_nest_lock(omp_nest_lock_t *lock)
extern void omp_destroy_nest_lock(omp_nest_lock_t *lock)
extern void omp_set_nest_lock(omp_nest_lock_t *lock)
extern void omp_unset_nest_lock(omp_nest_lock_t *lock)
extern int omp_test_nest_lock(omp_nest_lock_t *lock)
extern double omp_get_wtime(void)
extern double omp_get_wtick(void)

#ifdef __cplusplus
}