Re: [Gomp-discuss] Organization of libgomp source code

From: Biagio Lucini
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] Organization of libgomp source code
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 14:53:21 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Scott Robert Ladd wrote:

> I'm wondering about the best ways to organize the .c files for libgomp.
>
> It seems to me that we should have a separate .c file for each function.

It can become too messy this way. It seems to me that the implementation
of the various functions does not require many lines of code, We risk to
have many files, each with a few tens of lines. I never likes this
approach, but I guess it is matter of taste. Is there a GNU convention for
that?

> Naming these individual files, however, could be problematic, given the long
> names of the OpenMP functions. For example, for the omp_set_num_threads
> function, we could have the following names:
>
> libgomp_set_num_threads.c
> omp_set_num_threads.c <<-- my preference
> set_num_threads.c

What about gomp_ as a prefix if we decide the "per file" approach?
If we go for the single file approach, I propose something like gomp_omp
(hugly but logical...) for the OMP routines in the specs and gomp_runtime
for the functions that will become part of the compiler.

> Attached is a libgomp.h that reflects the comments from this group. Are the
> issues with the cvs worked out yet?

We are ready to CVS things. I successfully made a check out, you should
have writing permissions, so you can check in after uploading your ssh1
public key to savannah (instructions on the site) and waiting a few hours
for the cron job to upgrade the database.

Biagio