Re: [Gomp-discuss] Organization of libgomp source code

From: Biagio Lucini
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] Organization of libgomp source code
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 17:15:19 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Lars Segerlund wrote:

>   I am looking at code from the intel compiler, and looking for some
> papers on threaded code from a company called tera ... they have some
> solutions and have done a lot of work on these issues.

What code is available for the Intel compiler? I thought it was completely
closed source, eccept for parts that had to be licensed under the GPL for
licensing reasons.

>   We have other threading problems such as the synchronisation and such
> .. also we should if possible make our binaries run without libgomp and
> threads, a fallback to nuthing. ( it's easy and might make life easier
> for a lot of people ).

This can be done. The intel compiler has the option -parallelS, which does
exactly what you are saying. Maybe we can do the same way?

Biagio