Re: [Gomp-discuss] Organization of libgomp source code

From: Biagio Lucini
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] Organization of libgomp source code
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 15:40:24 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Lars Segerlund wrote:

>   Let's have one file for each function ?
>
>   If for no other reason than that it ! might ! ( IMHO ) be easier for
> us with our FSF licenses ( or whatever ) to start moving part's into gcc
> this way.

That's fine for me, I was just putting forward my presonal taste for those
things. But if we have to jump on the bandwagon, we'd better take the
appropriate steps :-)

>   So I suggets we put related code in separate subdirs, .h files for the
> subdirs in the topdir , and make a testing directory.
>
>   Shouldn't that cover most things ?

I think so. So what about a tree like

            runtime
libgomp ->  openmp
            test

?

Libgomp will be our top dir, with the include and the build scripts (or
shall we have an "include" dir?), runtime will be the location of our
implementation of Openmp and openmp will be the location of the functions
defined in the specs.

>   Also are we not rushing a bit on thee implementation side ? I thought
> we should try to find a minimal subset ? Or shall we implement straight
> off against the threading lib ? ( POSIX ).

I think for the openmp libraries that's the best thing to do (I mean the
straight implementation). I guess the set of the primitives is an
important issue for our implementation of openmp, and will concern more
the directives. Steven, is your get_enviro file working? We'll need it
(or better we will need the names of the variables you define there) for
the openmp routines.

Cheers
Biagio