Re: [Gomp-discuss] Organization of libgomp source code

From: Steven Bosscher
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] Organization of libgomp source code
Date: 18 Feb 2003 13:38:37 +0100

Op di 18-02-2003, om 12:48 schreef Lars Segerlund:
> .. also we should if possible make our binaries run without libgomp and
> threads, a fallback to nuthing. ( it's easy and might make life easier
> for a lot of people ).

I completely fail to understand why you think it is so important to make
all this work without a library.

If people don't want the library, they should just not compile their
software with OpenMP enabled.  Easy as that.  You can have stubs that
don't do anything (like in the specs) but that is still a library.

It is not easy to *not* have a library at all AFAICS.  Either the
compiler generates calls to the library so you need the library, or the
compiler does not generate library calls and you don't need the
library.  Try anything else and the whole thing won't even link.

Greetz
Steven