RE: [Gomp-discuss] Organization of libgomp source code

From: Scott Robert Ladd
Subject: RE: [Gomp-discuss] Organization of libgomp source code
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 10:08:18 -0500

> Of Biagio Lucini
> It can become too messy this way. It seems to me that the implementation
> of the various functions does not require many lines of code, We risk to
> have many files, each with a few tens of lines. I never likes this
> approach, but I guess it is matter of taste. Is there a GNU convention for
> that?

My *personal* preference would be to have one .c file for all of libgomp,
given its small size. I've seen a tendancy in gcc, however, toward the
file-per-function organization.

I assume that they uses file-per-function to minimize executable size;
modern "smart" linkers should eliminate that problem, though.

Again, I find the gcc/gnu "rules" rather confusing, given that their
practice does not always reflect written standards. Even within a single
source file, I find conflicting styles and motifs.

> We are ready to CVS things. I successfully made a check out, you should
> have writing permissions, so you can check in after uploading your ssh1
> public key to savannah (instructions on the site) and waiting a few hours
> for the cron job to upgrade the database.

Will do.

..Scott