Re: [Gomp-discuss] Organization of libgomp source code

From: Steven Bosscher
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] Organization of libgomp source code
Date: 18 Feb 2003 12:12:44 +0100

Op di 18-02-2003, om 11:54 schreef Lars Segerlund:

>   I am a bit uncertain on what hapens if in a parallel region we have a
> parallel do/for loop and the 'thread' which starts it has redefined the
> number of threads by doing a library call ?
>
>   i.e. we might have to have a 'thread' based approach to these
> variables ( or atleast some of them ).

Yup, I think you're right.  A parallel region (or more fun: a *nested*
parallel region) with a num_threads clause can set the number of threads
in the group to a different value than the default.  So, you have the
default (from the environment or implementation defined) and you use
either that value or the one from the clause for a group of threads.
Fun...

Greetz
Steven