Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: File naming conventions

From: Talli Somekh
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: File naming conventions
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 02:39:38 -0400

Walter Landry is a counterexample.  James Blackwell is a
counterexample.  Both highly committed, both fired because Tom didn't
trust them to do things the way Tom would do them, with high enough
accuracy.  That's what Tom says (as I understand him, although he uses
different words with a somewhat different slant), and that's the way I
read the public record, too.

I will call bullshit here. Public record - and my public and personal IRC logs - say that Tom argued that there were bugs in the 1.2.x process but that they should be expected and that in fact considering all the moving parts involved things came out not so bad.

None of the parties distinguished themselves when things melted down, that's certainly true. But monday morning quarterbacking like this is pretty bad, Stephen. Let both of those sagas die, please, and let's move on.

The way I read the situation, we've got two solutions now - the Bazzaar code and tla 1.3 series. People can choose which implementation they prefer in addition to these sub projects of GNU arch cross polinating one another.

Can we please stop navel gazing so much around here?

talli