Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: File naming conventions

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: File naming conventions
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 09:43:50 +1000

On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 16:04 +0900, Miles Bader wrote:

> What is "the bazzaar code" anyway?  I downloaded it and it looks like
> ... tla.  If there are differences, they aren't obvious.

tla is a user-interface focused branch of tla. Its not a wrapper, for
various good reasons (libarch isn't there yet, version skew on needed
tla features makes wrapper installation/reliability trickey).

the most visible differences at the moment is that it creates a binary
called 'baz' that will coexist on a system with tla.

Over the next few weeks, the first feature goals should get implemented,
and then the differences will become more marked (unless tla takes all
the patches :) - which its welcome to do).

http://wiki.gnuarch.org/moin.cgi/Bazaar

has a draft, strawman, release outline. This needs community input,
otherwise we (the canonical arch team) will just follow our noses and
you get what you get :).

Cheers,
Rob