Re: [Gnu-arch-users] missing feature: text file handling

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] missing feature: text file handling
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 11:28:25 -0400

John Meinel wrote:
Aaron Bentley wrote:
Maybe what's desirable is a precommit hook. When new files or changes don't match the coding policy,
a) scream and die or
b) fix them

Aaron

Actually, I would be interested in this. I run into permissions and file ending problems all the time. (Editing a file with gvim seems to change the permissions, editing it with MSVC changes the line endings, etc.)

I've never written a hook script before, so I'm not very familiar with it. But maybe it's time for me to get over it.

It's pretty simple.  The wiki documentation is the most accurate.

http://wiki.gnuarch.org/moin.cgi/Using_20hooks

Aaron

--
Aaron Bentley