Re: [Gnu-arch-users] missing feature: text file handling

From: Johannes Berg
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] missing feature: text file handling
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 11:07:11 +0200

On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 09:24 +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> One of the issues I noticed when first looking at tla,
> is that it's not addressing the problem of handling text
> files across platforms.

I don't think this should be a feature of tla; this "feature" in CVS is
really very troublesome. It is a matter of policy what you want to store
your files as, but tla should be agnostic to it and keep files binary
identical to what *you* "decided" (knowingly or unknowingly) what they
should be.

johannes