Re: [glob2-devel] Globulation Lore v1.0

From: Quinn Yee Qin Teh
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Globulation Lore v1.0
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 21:29:27 +1100

An alternate lore:

Humans have recently discovered unmanned hyperspace flight and have found a bunch of new planets. They want to terraform the new planets. So different terraforming companies are competing against each other to terraform each new planet. (even though they all use the same technology provided by the same research facility, we can work this fact into some kind of conspiracy theory in the lore.)

The globs are sent by humans to these new planets to terraform them. When globs from different companies land on the same planet, they try to wipe each other out so that they can claim the planet for their own. That's why you win if you wipe out other companies' globs. You also win by earning prestige for your company if your globs successfully complete terraforming the planet first (again, separating prestige system from level 3 schools by introducing a new building which purpose is to terraform the planet)

Why your globs can harvest out of sight resources - a satellite sweep of the planet happened in the past.

I think this is a lighter storyline if we want to go in this direction. Or we could try to blend it in with dryad's story.

Thanks.