gap-dev-discuss

Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Talksoup - bugs?

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Talksoup - bugs?
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 19:21:44 +0200

On Tuesday, September 10, 2013 18:38 CEST, Riccardo Mottola <address@hidden>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 09/10/13 09:46, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
> >
> > On Tuesday, September 10, 2013 11:30 CEST, Riccardo Mottola
> > <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > I haven't had yet time to look at the code, but maybe its just
> > comparing NSNotFound against normal (unsigned)int instead of
> > NS(U)Integer, and that's why you don't get those warnings on 32bit,
> > but I get them on 64bit.
> Those are generated in other places, I just commited a couple of patches
> that might help you. YOu should get now less warnings and perhaps even a
> working application?
> >> There was a buggy gcc version that generated tons of these, but that was
> >> long ago and it is not the case. The message is quite cryptic though.
> > the system gcc usually works fine, and I don't get those messages compiling
> > anything else gnustep stuff.
> if, it is obj-c only :)
> >
> > I fear, before the weekend, I won't have much time to look more closely
> > at the code. So I can only test, but on the weekend, there should be some
> > time to dig into it, if you don't fix it before ;)
> Well, recomp0ile and get the new warnings. If only the pouter mismaptch
> and __OBJC_INSTANCE_xx errors remain, then I'm happy and don't know what
> else to fix.

the remaining warnings see attached in output3.

> Please start the app under gdb and check if you get an exception and
> give me the stacktrace in case.

I get a couple of exceptions when connecting to a server, but that works,
then when joining a channel, I get a couple of more exceptions. See attached
backtrace file. The last exception is after the
Topic for #GNUstep is "Welcome to #GNUstep!"
line appears in the Server window, all after come before that's printed.
Then it just hangs there, but doesn't open the channel tab.

I tried the same latest CVS on i386 machine, where it just works, joining
a channel opens a channel tab.

Sebastian