gap-dev-discuss

Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Talksoup - bugs?

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Talksoup - bugs?
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 01:34:06 +0200

Hi,

Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
On Tuesday, September 10, 2013 18:38 CEST, Riccardo Mottola <address@hidden> wrote:
ere should be some
time to dig into it, if you don't fix it before ;)
Well, recomp0ile and get the new warnings. If only the pouter mismaptch
and __OBJC_INSTANCE_xx errors remain, then I'm happy and don't know what
else to fix.
the remaining warnings see attached in output3.
I fixed several warnings this evening, including the "new" ones. Just a couple of false-positive are left in. So please it another spin!

I get a couple of exceptions when connecting to a server, but that works,
then when joining a channel, I get a couple of more exceptions. See attached
backtrace file. The last exception is after the
Topic for #GNUstep is "Welcome to #GNUstep!"
line appears in the Server window, all after come before that's printed.
Then it just hangs there, but doesn't open the channel tab.
I checked and before trying to fix it, I have seen a couple of static functions which mismatche dsinged/unsigned types about lengths I fixed those. Perhaps it is enough?
I tried the same latest CVS on i386 machine, where it just works, joining
a channel opens a channel tab.

in i386 it works for me too, both clang & gcc.

let me know the current warnings & exceptions. I hope the last fixes help.

Riccardo