Re: [Fsfe-uk] Happened, happening, needing to happen

From: Brian Gough
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Happened, happening, needing to happen
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 22:25:04 +0000 (GMT)

Richard Smedley writes:
 > Just to give you a timescale on press releases - if I get something in the
 > next week it will go in the Linux Format appearing on 28 March:
 > a week later with the press release and it will be the end of April/
 > during May that many Linux Format readers tend to hear about it.
 >
 > I sthere any reason for LXF and Linux Magazine _not_ to get an
 > announcement out a.s.a.p.?

I think we should scale up gradually, to sort out any bugs in the
organization.  Free software is a long term project, so a making an
announcement a month or two later won't make much difference.

Ideally we should have at least one project in the pipeline that we
can publicise in our initial announcement, so we will gain credibility
as an organization that can actually organize things.

I'll try to post some more concrete ideas at the weekend.