Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla1.2 on cygwin

From: David Brown
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla1.2 on cygwin
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 14:18:13 -0800

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 01:12:08AM -0800, Tom Lord wrote:

> Suppose that someone wrote a C library you'd really like to use but it
> has header files:
>
>       x.h
>       X.h
>
> would you say that the C language should be changed?

So far, the general answer to this is actually to get people to change
their libraries.  I'm aware of a few packages that actually made changes
like this to avoid depending on case sensitivity.  There are enough
windows users to get people to change their packages.

Perl used to have a 'makefile' and a 'Makefile' during build, but it has
since been changed.

This is minor.  What's real annoying is to get a library from someone on
a case-ignoring filesystem that will have

   myHeaderFile.h

And then, sprinkled through the code:

  #include "myheaderfile.h"
  #include "MyHeaderFile.h"