Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla1.2 on cygwin

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla1.2 on cygwin
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 18:03:33 -0500

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 12:56:17AM -0800, Dustin Sallings wrote:
>       Your examples are quite contrived here, and I don't understand the
> relevance.

I suppose the point was just that, for the most part, as a user using a
case-insensitive filesystem, it's your job to Not Do That (create conflicting
names that cause problems in your locally restrictive namespace).

This is obviously hard if you want to use archives created by others who
won't follow that rule, and in such cases life may be hard for you, but I'm
not sure that there's really way automatic way that arch can do it.

IOW, the tool can't solve the problem.

-Miles
--
((lambda (x) (list x x)) (lambda (x) (list x x)))