Re: [Gnu-arch-users] case preserving vs. case insensitive

From: Robert Anderson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] case preserving vs. case insensitive
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 00:15:15 -0800

Pierce T.Wetter III wrote:

On Mar 11, 2004, at 7:59 PM, address@hidden wrote:

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 07:52:39AM -0700, Pierce T.Wetter III wrote:

  Note that English, is CaSe InsEnsiTive.

Do you not distinguish between 'cat' the animal
and CAT the maker of industrial caterpillared tractors?

If I could, you wouldn't need to specify "the animal" and "the maker of industrial caterpillared tractors".

  Separating:

   "Do you not distinguish between 'cat" and CAT".

    Do you not distinguish between the animal and the maker of industrial
caterpillared tractors.

Not that the first sentence is meaningless, while the second sentence actually makes sense. QED, most of the information content in that sentence was not the CaT.

Geez, I thought *I* was the most annoying guy on this list.

We don't program in English.  This whole conversation is inane.

Bob