Re: [glob2-devel] Rewrite and disappearance syndrom

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Rewrite and disappearance syndrom
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 10:06:32 +0200

> > The feature should be removed.
>
> Sure.  But then some other mechanism is needed to solve the same
> original problem that the hidden forbidden areas were designed to
> solve.  What do you suggest?

the use of forbidden area mechanisms is without alternative when it comes to
buildings.
The only question is, should there be a hidden forbidden area before we build
or should we build on top of own units so they leave the building due to the
forbidden area that is connected with the building.

Now when units are built or released from a building we iterate over the border
of that building to release them.
Why not simply check if the center of the building is occupied and if not put
it there?
Maybe even put globs on top of others.
Handling of forbidden areas would make them leave the building in an expected
way.
I would expect a reduction of code in some places and don't see negative
impacts.

Greetings, Leo Wandersleb