Re: [glob2-devel] Rewrite and disappearance syndrom

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Rewrite and disappearance syndrom
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 16:42:31 +0200

Hi List

I only want to mention that overall stability has improved and i want to thank
those who did this. We never had that few desyncs and problems to join like
now. Still there are some serious bugs in now:
* Game stays open with the name "Giszmo's game"
** No distinction to any new game hosted by Giszmo
** no indication on the map played
** engine gets confused itself, that is it shows 2 games, giszmo sees himself
in his game and others see all others in "both" games.
* globs get trapped by invisible forbidden areas (place forbidden to force
recalculation of forbidden gradient)
* win condition not evaluated (it's annoying when i left the game and the noob
continues fighting me and to chat with me without me recognizing.)

> looks like we are again under the curse of "rewrite and disappearance":

Bradley will be back. I guess he would never leave without saying a word.

> We have had this problem before, in particular with the network.
> We should switch to a more sustainable development mode, but I don't know
> how,
> suggestions welcome.

Only release what really works and test everything else for at least 100 games.
with only 3 games played per week that takes long but still i would vote to
have an official game-report counter to the next release with strict feature
freezes. and 100 games is not a joke. if we want 100 games to be played per day
some day this is only a few games.

Greetings, Leo Wandersleb