tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] WARC bands

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] WARC bands
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 16:45:55 +0100

Am Tue, 21 Jan 2014 08:46:39 -0500
schrieb Ed <address@hidden>:

> On 01/21/2014 12:25 AM, Thomas Beierlein wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > here are my 2 ct's.
> >
> > Am Mon, 20 Jan 2014 13:26:11 -0500
> > schrieb Ed <address@hidden>:

> > Please see below.

> My bandmap shows the station just worked with an asterik before the
> call ( * ) and is colored for new and in uppercase.

The asterisk says the spot comes from yourself (any logged station will
get spooted in the internal network). If it is a dupe (you had worked
him) it normaly goes to lower case and grey. But that does not work on
non-WARC band for now.

I just checked - changing it would be a lot of work because we do a
band statistics per call at the moment only for the contest bands.

> > Better use 'CONTEST=qso' and do NOT use 'CONTEST_MODE'. If you would
> > like to see your qso numbers on the different bands add
> > 'SCORINGWINDOW' to  the rule file or activate it from running tlf
> > with ':score' If you would run tlf contest style (say for a
> > DXpedition) than use CONTEST=dxped.
>
> Tom is correct that the SCOREWINDOW needs to be in your rules file,
> even though on the man page it says to put it in your logcfg file.
>
> With using =qso the check window opens with 40 meters hi-lited and a
> C on the right side, even if you are on a WARC band.

Here it opens on 40 hi-lted - but only for around 1 second. After
reading the frequency from the rig it highlites the correct band for
me. No C at startup.

What really is not working well is the search window, which mixes up the
display if you have stations on non-WARC bands.

> Using either
> =contest or =dxped you do not get this behavior. In all 3 cases you
> get a MUL: 1 even with a blank log file.

Right. That multi is fixed in these cases.

73, Tom DL1JBE

--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea