tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] WARC bands

From: Ed
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] WARC bands
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 08:46:39 -0500

On 01/21/2014 12:25 AM, Thomas Beierlein wrote:
Hi,

here are my 2 ct's.

Am Mon, 20 Jan 2014 13:26:11 -0500
schrieb Ed <address@hidden>:

On 01/20/2014 11:36 AM, Zilvinas, AUGMA wrote:
Greetings all,

I run tlf in qso mode also for everyday logging. I see the software
doesn't show WARC bands in "Worked" window.

Please see below.

The bandmap is also affected - I just made a qso with station and it
does note become "lower case".

My bandmap shows the station just worked with an asterik before the call ( * ) and is colored for new and in uppercase.

CONTEST=contest
LOGFILE=qso.log
CABRILLO=UNIVERSAL
CONTEST_MODE

Better use 'CONTEST=qso' and do NOT use 'CONTEST_MODE'. If you would
like to see your qso numbers on the different bands add 'SCORINGWINDOW'
to  the rule file or activate it from running tlf with ':score'
If you would run tlf contest style (say for a DXpedition) than use
CONTEST=dxped.

Tom is correct that the SCOREWINDOW needs to be in your rules file, even though on the man page it says to put it in your logcfg file.

With using =qso the check window opens with 40 meters hi-lited and a C on the right side, even if you are on a WARC band. Using either =contest or =dxped you do not get this behavior. In all 3 cases you get a MUL: 1 even with a blank log file.

Both settings allow to work all warc bands but give no contest scoring
for the qsos.

Because the limited place for the scoring window you will always see
only some of the bands. If you are on a non WARC band tlf will show the
contest bands only, as soon as you switch to a warc band you will see
the warc bands.

I guess it might be best to leave it as it is.

Ed W3NR

I also use the latest from github.