RE: none

From: Fred Wan
Subject: RE: none
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 13:45:51 +0100

This seems to be a problem with the new swarm version. When I run it on an
'old' version of swarm (installed in August) under Solaris, it does indeed
run and initialize the parameterManager object, but on a machine with the
fixes installed it doesn't.

In the new version (NT) I either get a java null pointer exception when
trying to access methods from parameterManager, or I get

'java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: globalZone'

As you may know, some time ago I discovered that something in the global
environment has changed (variables have moved; I still don't know where to)
in the new version of swarm (see includes), and I suspect the problems now
have the same cause.

Thanks,
Fred Wan,
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.