[no subject]

From: Fred Wan
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 20:54:10 +0100

Hi,

As in the Obj C tutorial I'm trying to get SimpleExperBug to work in java.
There is a fragment in SimpleExperBug that I'm trying to translate, but
which fails. It's the part where a ParameterManager object is being created.
I've tried several times, but it won't initialize properly. The file to be
read in is SimpleBug.scm (provided in StartSimpleBug.java), all the
variables in that file match the varibles of the class. Below are two ways
in which I tried to do it, but failed. For completeness I include all the
files in the project, though they will not run.

Thanks,
Fred Wan,
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.

  public Object buildObjects () {

  Zone parameterZone = new ZoneImpl(getZone());

  super.buildObjects ();

  parameterManager=(ParameterManager)
Globals.env.lispAppArchiver.getWithZone$key
                                                    (parameterZone,
"parameterManager");

  or instead of using getWithZone$key:

  parameterManager=(ParameterManager) Globals.env.lispAppArchiver.getObject

("parameterManager");

this uses the Archiver's own Zone (according to the ref. guide - I have no
idea what 'the Archiver's own Zone' is supposed to be).