RE: none

From: Fred Wan
Subject: RE: none
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 18:41:13 +0100

When I run a cygwin terminal I get the output below (which i don't quite
understand, because I installed jdk 1.3 and followed all the procedures
mentioned in the java and the swarm documentation). Anyway, when I use
Visual Cafe, I use the jdk1.3 VM and I get a null-pointer error.

The reason I thought it has something to do with the global environment is
the error message

'java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: globalZone'

which is very similar to the one we got back trying to access
Globals.env.Completed which isn't there.

I will get back to the rest of your message shortly.

Thanks,
Fred.

address@hidden/cygdrive/h] $ javaswarm -version
Kaffe Virtual Machine
Copyright (c) 1996-2000
Transvirtual Technologies, Inc.  All rights reserved
Engine: Just-in-time   Version: 1.0.5   Java Version: 1.1
address@hidden/cygdrive/h] $ jdkswarm -version
JDK 1.2 does not appear to be installed
address@hidden/cygdrive/h] $