Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Addbook vs addressbook (Timetrack)

From: Bob Schader
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Addbook vs addressbook (Timetrack)
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 06:23:17 -0500

snip...

> > I think for my module cross-linking purposes, I definitely need a separate
> > record
> > for the company.
> >
> > Why do people continually not see the requirement to separate people from
> > companies?
> >  Easier to program I guess ... until you you need the info separated
>
> It's like always, if we would design everything from the beginning, we
> could go for a much better solution.

rant...

To refresh everyone's memory, I'd just like to state that timetrack originally
DID
have it's own separate table for companies. Although maybe not perfect for
everyone's
needs, it was designed towards compatibility with addressbook at that time,
although
I did feel it was somewhat crippled by having to adhere to addressbook's schema
in the first place. At one time they almost listened to me and temporarily
added some
support for accessing company data in addressbook through timetrack's customer
tables on a conditional basis (depending on if timetrack was installed) but
that was also
removed from addressbook at some point.

Bob Schader