Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Addbook vs addressbook

From: Dr. Michael Meskes
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Addbook vs addressbook
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 08:04:06 +0100

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 09:00:27PM +0000, Brian Johnson wrote:
> >field-structur like the addressbook has it know and only change the UI
> >to keep the org-fields in sync with the org-fields of the other persons
> >in that org. That is not the cleanest approach (Michael Meskes would say
> >the db is not normalized) but it is far better than the other ideas

Hey, and what shall I say now? :-)

Fact is you have several advantages by normalizing the data. But you
can, of course, reimplement the logic inside the GUI. If it was only for
the database I wouldn't do that, but I do not have enough ldap knowledge
to say if we could get this going with normalized data.

> time entries for testing purposes but I need to create better filtering and
> searching abilities in addbook before other switch to it (and I add our 3000+-

I agree completely.

Michael

P.S.: Also CCed to Carsten who takes care of our phpgw installation,
although he's on vacation right now.
--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Geschäftsführer, credativ GmbH
Karl-Heinz-Beckurts-Str. 13, 52428 Jülich, Germany