Re: mhfixmsg character set conversion

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: mhfixmsg character set conversion
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 03:07:48 +0000

Steven wrote:

> I got this far, but I've been unable to proceed since the build failed as
> described previously.

Three tests failed.  You can run "make install" in the nmh directory
to install.

If things are still broken with that nmh, I would remove your par[1]
executable and rebuild mhn.defaults.  That might at least allow
make check to pass.  And while we seem to have eliminated par and
lynx, the symptoms are consistent with one or both of them being
used by mhfixmsg.

[1] I don't trust a patched par 1.52, especially with a patch that
isn't from the author.