Re: mhfixmsg character set conversion

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: mhfixmsg character set conversion
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 01:04:53 +0000

Steven wrote:

> Please let me clarify that I wasn't trying to rush anything or put pressure
> on anyone; I was just asking for an estimate, because that would help me
> decide whether or not to wait for it.

Yes, that's how I interpreted your message.  It would be nice to get a
release out sooner rather than later.

> It would be useful for me, because some messages don't have a text/plain
> part, and my main motivation for storing the decoded text is the ability
> to search it with grep and mairix.

That was one of the main motivations for creating mhfixmsg.  With
-reformat, for every text part, other than text/plain, that doesn't
have an alternative text/plain, one should be created.

> It's the same message I already sent to you, that I've been using as a test
> case all through this discussion.  I just checked, and mhfixmsg returns a
> zero exit status for it.

Ok, couple of issues, both due to very limited support of
encoded formats by -decodeheaderfieldbodies.  I'll work on
them.  Note that the only encoded headers in your message are
us-ascii, that seems pointless.