Re: mhfixmsg character set conversion

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: mhfixmsg character set conversion
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 14:07:33 +0000

Hi Steven,

> > Another difference is the pasted text is normally highlighted in
> > some way, e.g. inverse video, until it's committed with Enter.
>
> In my experience with tcsh, the inverse video highlighting stays in
> place even after the paste is committed, and remains so until
> something else is highlighted.
>
> This appears to be the case for me in bash (invoked as sh just now),
> at least with enable-bracketed-paste turned off.

Yes, I meant that with enable-bracketed-paste turned on then selecting
‘date’ in window A makes it inverse, pasting it into window B shows it
as inverse in B too until it's committed with Enter when it redraws to
be normal in B.  It remains inverse in A to show it's still the
selection for further pastes.