Re: automatic decode mime in repl

From: Philipp Takacs
Subject: Re: automatic decode mime in repl
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2022 12:03:45 +0100

Hi

[2022-02-05 16:53] Philipp Takacs <philipp+mmh@bureaucracy.de>
> Reply to mime messages is an old problem. I have an idea to workaround
> or fix this. Instand of adding mime to mhl, repl could also first decode
> mime before pipe the mail to mhl. This can be done by mhshow.
>
> I have attached a patch for this.

Thanks for all the discoussion. I have an updated version of this patch.
I belive it's clear that you want a switch for this so I have implemented
it. Currently on by default. Also I have an other patch which implements
Ralphs suggestion.

I'm not sure if the manpage updates are good. Also the tests should be
updated. I'm also look for a way to autodetect if -nofixmime should be
set. I think the best place would be in nmh_init().

As a disclousure: I work with this patch since 2016. If you implement it
or not will not affect me. I thought this was clear from the beginning,
but it looks for me that this wasn't clear for everyone in the discussion.
Sorry for that. I belive this patch is good and you will benefit from it.
Thats is why I have send it to you and discoused why I belive this should
be enable by default. But in the end you can decide if and in which way
you want this patch.

Philipp