m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] Questions about hi-itrans.mim

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] Questions about hi-itrans.mim
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 23:56:10 +0900

Sorry for the late response.

In article <address@hidden>, विश्वासो वासुकेयः / Vishvas Vasuki
<address@hidden> writes:

> "plus key sequences such as the below." (nk nkh etc.. are not inspired by
> HK system..)

I see.

I've just committed hi-itrans.mim and sa-itrans.mim.  The
later just includes maps and states of hi-itrans.mim with
different value for the variable trim-last-halant.

> > doesn't have that feature.  By the way, I don't know what
> > "vedic svara marks" is.  Do you want to add it to sa-itrans
> > or hi-itrans?
> >
> I would add it to sa-itrans. (Hindi users will almost never use it.)

> Two basic svara marks could be served by the following maps.

>     // svarita and anudAtta    .' to  ॑,    .- to  ॒

It seems that they are combining marks.  Do they appear at
any place?  Or only after some specific characters?  In what
context, do you have to enable that mapping?

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden