m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] Questions about hi-itrans.mim

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] Questions about hi-itrans.mim
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 23:27:53 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, विश्वासो वासुकेयः / Vishvas Vasuki
<address@hidden> writes:

> Now I confirm that the fixes are indeed in place

That's good.

> PS: I still think that it is a good idea to change the file (description
> ..) entry as suggested earlier..

How about this one?

(description "Hindi input method by ITRANS and Harvard-Kyoto
transliteration systems.
You can use all the standard ITRANS key sequences plus the following
key sequences which are inspired by Harvard-Kyoto system.
  nk->ङ्क्, nkh->ङ्ख्, ng->ङ्ग्, ngh->ङ्घ्
  nch->ञ्च्, nCh->ञ्छ्, nc->ञ्च्, nC->ञ्छ्, nchh->ञ्छ्,
  nj->ञ्ज्, njh->ञ्झ्, nT->ण्ट्, nTh->ण्ठ्, nD->ण्ड्, nDh->ण्ढ्
  c->च्, C->छ्, z->श्, S->ष्, jn->ज्ञ्, R->ऋ

In addition, for convenience, when a consonant + halant sequence
is followed by non Devanagari letter, the last halant is removed.
For instance, "k SPC"->"क ", "k.."->"क।".

For details, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devanagari_transliteration.";)

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden