m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] Questions about hi-itrans.mim

From: विश्वासो वासुकेयः / Vis hvas Vasuki
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] Questions about hi-itrans.mim
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 15:19:05 -0700

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 7:47 AM, Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> wrote:
I've just committed the change to add key mappings for
udatta and anudatta to sa-itrans.  Could you please try the
latest codes?
Hi Kenichisan, It is working as intended, but I just realized that my initial suggestions were not very smart: _ to anudAtta, and '' to svarita/ udAtta mark are more appropriate. They would be more attractive for the following reasons:
a] They would be more intuitive.
b] They would not conflict with the separate (more useful) request mentioned below.

Separate request (refined from one mentioned earlier):
अ] Single '.' followed by a character not in [०-९] (The most important case being whitespaces) should be rendered as । . (Just typing one dot rather than two is much more convenient, as in English. We would retain .. to । rule for the case where the user needs to insert a daNDa in a position before a non-whitespace character.)

b] ... should be mapped to … (ellipsis) <--- Low priority.

--
Vishvas / विश्वासः