m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] Questions about hi-itrans.mim

From: विश्वासो वासुकेयः / Vis hvas Vasuki
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] Questions about hi-itrans.mim
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 17:22:23 -0700

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 5:18 PM, विश्वासो वासुकेयः / Vishvas Vasuki <address@hidden> wrote:

As the daNDa features and the Vedic accent marks are added, they can be updated..

We should also probably make it clear that the basic map is the union of ITRANS and HK systems (here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devanagari_transliteration), with the ch conflict resolved in favor of ITRANS. We should also mention the following guiding principle:

The (sometimes competing) objectives are : a] mapping is intuitive b]
 user does not need to press more keys (in terms of number or
 variety)  than he has to.

--
Vishvas / विश्वासः