Re: Discourse

From: David Santamauro
Subject: Re: Discourse
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 09:20:42 +0000

… not without their own spirited Discourse discussion.

https://mail.python.org/archives/list/python-dev@python.org/thread/VHFLDK43DSSLHACT67X4QA3UZU73WYYJ/

From: lilypond-user-bounces+david.santamauro=gmail.com@gnu.org <lilypond-user-bounces+david.santamauro=gmail.com@gnu.org> on behalf of Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr>
Date: Sunday, February 26, 2023 at 4:13 AM
To: Andrew Bernard <andrew.bernard@mailbox.org>, Lilypond User <lilypond-user@gnu.org>

Le dimanche 26 février 2023 à 19:40 +1100, Andrew Bernard a écrit :

And as a last gasp, I recall when I was running the GNU Mailman lists
that we had a web based interface to it which was half way decent. This
may only be supported with GNU Mailman 3, I don't remember (we are on
2). I think it is called Kitty, and it's part of the official
distribution, or very closely associated with it. Also, there's a very
powerful search engine available for GNU Mailman which is much more
capable than simple text search terms in the user archive. So without
changing anything this list could be improved using the GNU approved
add-ons (I assume GNU approves them).

Mailman 3 is the elephant in the room here.

One admin talked about migrating to it at some point, but I don't know where this stands.

I looked at https://mail.python.org/archives/list/python-dev@python.org/ and I was very surprised to see that you can post by email. I don't think this was possible when I last used a Hyperkitty archive. That is very nice and it would be a big win.