Re: Discourse

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Discourse
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 15:23:36 +0000 (UTC)

> I looked up the other list that moved to Discourse (I think they had
> the same Discourse/Discord confusion), but I remember that being
> sold strongly on the web interface. I was certainly left with the
> very strong impression email was a second class citizen.

As mentioned already: The most important thing IMHO is that the 20+
years of e-mails to the lists are available at *one* (not two) spots.
This means that someone™ has to import all e-mails into a new
solution, preserving threads and the like.

If this can be done easily with Discourse, wny not.

Another aspect: LilyPond is a GNU project; it would thus useful if
gnu.org could set up a discourse instance.

   Werner