RE: [Gomp-discuss] Copyright Assignment

From: Scott Robert Ladd
Subject: RE: [Gomp-discuss] Copyright Assignment
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 13:17:00 -0500

> Nah, that's just Per "Bad Motivator" Bothner.  I think the rest of the
> GCC people were not so negative.  Just worried about the design, maybe.
> In fact, I think the more we try to get them to feel they're involved,
> which they obviously are, the easier it is to get our work accepted in
> the end.  After all, it was us who had to discuss everything in a
> separate list and just dump an intimidating plan in the gcc list. Maybe
> that wasn't so smart, in retrospect...

Given my choice, I would have avoided discussing anything with the gcc group
until we had a bit more organization and definition for our task. In the
business world, I rarely broach proposals until I'm sure all my ducks are
quacking in line. This is especially true when dealing with a group like
GNU.

..Scott